Hello ATT Deerfield Family,
We have an update for you.
Starting today, Monday, June 1st, we will be doing all the booking for our classes online.
Hello ATT Deerfield Family,
We have great news! Gyms have the green light to reopen with restrictions that have been set by the town of Deerfield Beach. We miss you all and look forward to everyone getting back to training. If you do not feel comfortable coming to train yet, no problem. You can continue to join classes online so that you can train in the comfort of your own home. The links to our video calls are listed below.
We will be reopening on Tuesday, May 26, 2020. We ask for your support and understanding as we implement our Phase 1 Strategy to help keep our ATT Deerfield Beach family safe. The below safety measures will be in effect between Tuesday, May 26 and Tuesday, June 9.
● We will be taking everyone’s temperature at the door with a non-contact thermometer. If you have a fever or symptoms of illness you will be asked to leave.
● We will provide a hand sanitizing station at the front door.
● The state has suggested limiting class sizes based on space. We will be following their suggestion.
At this time only current students and staff will be allowed to enter the gym. Parents will be expected to drop kids off and come back after class to pick them up.
● Class sizes will be limited to 12 students only for safety. In order to comply with social distancing guidelines you will need to RESERVE your spot in class ahead of time. If you do not reserve your spot ahead of time we cannot promise you will be accommodated.
● Our class times will be shorter to allow us time to clean the mats and common areas between each class.
● Adults classes for BJJ will be gi only and we ask that you please wear a t-shirt or rash guard under your gi. During these initial two weeks, you will be paired with the same partner in every class. However, if your assigned partner is not in the same class as you, you will be paired with one partner to work with during that class. There will be no contact permitted in Muay Thai, Boxing and Krav Maga classes during this time.
● Kids classes will focus on solo drilling and conditioning.
● Access to the changing area will be limited to just storing your personal belongings.
● You will be assigned to a training area and you will be provided with a spray bottle and paper towel so that you can clean it before you exit the mats.
● We have hired a professional sanitizing company who will be regularly disinfecting the gym.
● The facility where we are located has had the garage professionally cleaned and repainted.
–What we ask your help with:
● Please stay home if you do not feel well.
● If it makes you feel more comfortable, you can wear a mask and any other personal protective equipment that will help keep you safe.
● Bring a towel to all classes that you attend.
● Arrive for classes already dressed in your uniform.
● The rental closet will be SUSPENDED for the time being. You will need to have your own gear & ensure its cleanliness (if you need care instructions feel free to ask our staff). We will not allow old, cracked, flaking or funky/mildewed gear in class. If you need equipment we are stocked and happy to help.
● In this time hygiene is of the utmost importance. Nails must be kept short, shoes must be worn when off the mat at all times, no shoes will be allowed on the training surfaces, make sure your clothes / gi are washed & make sure your gloves and shin guards are disinfected & set out to dry after every training session.
Practicing martial arts can help align your everyday choices with your values.
Here at American Top Team Deerfield Beach, the martial arts school, we have some thoughts and principles that we will put together here. Life is made up of choices and people are free to make their own choices and decisions. Everybody has professional, family, and social issues to solve. All the time we are supposed to make decisions, from the most simple to the most complex action that are taken everyday. Should I drink coffee with sugar or sweetener? Should I save money or spend it? Who should I vote for in the next elections? Should I get married? Free will is essentially a matter of influence of those who are in charge of their own lives during their course. Choices and decisions will reflect what are considered to be good values in life. Being a part of a martial arts school is a great way to help you maintain and reinforce these good values and incorporate them into your everyday life.
Sometimes we make decisions based on creating temporary fun pleasure, and we spend all our money and energy just in one night or one day such as a $60 open bar, a $35 buffet or a $999 mobile device. Spending your money and energy in a martial arts school for sure will add much more value to your life and will bring you a better lifestyle and routine.
The decision of what kind of lifestyle you will take is crucial for a better future. Martial arts is a good choice for your life because it is going to give you a lot of different skills and will help you to have good values. Do not act as your life and time is just passing by. If you value for a healthy lifestyle and quality of life, regular exercises as martial arts are very important to achieve your goals. In this context, martial arts for kids and adults can be a helpful and useful tool.
There are a lot of different styles when talking about martial arts. Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and MMA are the ones that have been growing in preference among people who love learning martial arts as a sport, self-defense and even as a lifestyle. Brazilian Jiu-jitsu is the kind of martial art that enables smaller person to defend himself or herself against larger or more powerful opponents using leverage and technique. But Brazilian Jiu-jitsu is not just a combat sport or a hobby and not just techniques and submissions. It is also a passion, a lifelong journey of learning and life lessons. On the other hand, MMA is the young kind of martial art that combines many styles in one such as boxing, wrestling, muay thai and Brazilian Jiu-jitsu too.
Stop by at American Top Team Deerfield Beach / Boca Raton, the martial arts school that will help you to make the right choices and decisions in life.
For any questions, contact us at (754)367-0797
Boxing is a sport that dates back thousands of years and we at American Top Team Deerfield Beach have been continuing the tradition for over 12 years with our Deerfield Beach boxing class. Our boxing program is very traditionally structured, and while it is a great cardio workout that builds strength and endurance, what our classes really stress is the technique aspect of “the sweet science”. We want you to not only be able to hit the heavy bag, but actually box effectively against a defending opponent.
Whether you’re just starting out or you have boxing experience our Deerfield Beach boxing class has something for everyone. We offer fundamentals classes which focus more on technique and pad work, but we also offer advanced boxing classes which not only teach more advanced techniques, but also give our students an opportunity to spar more, all in a safe, supervised environment.
We also recommend boxing for anyone training Muay Thai or other forms of kickboxing. While Muay Thai focuses more on knees and elbows, our Deerfield Beach / Boca Raton Boxing class allows you the opportunity to focus solely on the punching techniques that are often not stressed as much in other striking-based martial arts. People interested in training mixed martial arts also find boxing classes very useful in rounding out their game and making them comfortable on their feet to be a more well-rounded fighter.
Whether your interest in boxing is as an after work hobby that helps you stay in shape, an effective form of self defense, or to fight competitively, our Deerfield Beach / Boca Raton boxing class offers something for everyone. Now 2 days a week. Come try a class today!